The Global Family Initiative is a nonprofit organization empowering orphaned children and vulnerable women in developing countries through access to education, healthcare, and families. Our first venture is the Betasab Project in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
What we do:
- Create permanent family homes for orphans.
- Support at-risk children in their communities and homes so that they can stay in school.
- Give local women the opportunity to take control of their lives through empowerment initiatives.
Why should you donate to the GFI? Here's some information about Ethiopia and the immediately surrounding community that sheds light on the ways in which your gift can have a powerful impact on the lives of people in need.
|49 (per 1000)|
% below poverty line ($1.25/day)
In Lafto, where we work, a recent study has shown that:
- 89% Live in mud or tin homes
- 24% Use a public tap for water (there is none to their yard or house)
- 43% Use pit latrines or open pits (3.6% have no facilities at all)
- 33% Reported their children missed at least one meal in the last month
- 25% Reported their children missed a few meals
- 25% Of children do not sleep on a mattress
- 26% Do not have a blanket
- 24% Have only 1 set of clothes
- 26% Do not own a pair of shoes
Your donation to GFI's Betasab Project is tax deductible as we are a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to direct them to Nick at email@example.com.